Using Dashboard Charts
This how-to describes how to use Microperimeter™ Dashboard Charts
Depending on the platform you are using: Kubernetes or Standalone Microperimeter™ Dashboard provides slightly different graphs which allow you to monitor your services.
Kubernetes offers Services protection, APIs Authorization, APIs Exposure and Services Transactions charts. Move your mouse over the i icon to get more info about a specific chart.
If you are interested in the security of particular service go to Services, select a service
and then you will see Service Analytics Page.
Services Transactions chart shows incoming traffic to your service protected by a Microperimeter™ Sidecar
- success - sidecar policy validation succeeded
- denied - sidecar policy validation failed
- missed - endpoint does not exist
Move your mouse over the i icon to get more info about APIs Authorization and APIs Exposure charts.
For more details about Alerts chart go to Alerts section of this how-to.
Standalone offers Protected Services, APIs Authorization and APIs Exposure charts. Move your mouse over the i icon to get more info about a specific chart.
Edge Gateway Transactions
The chart describes transactions Statuses of Microperimeter™ Edge Gateway within last 5 minutes (this is configurable via View options bar).
- Successful - transaction accepted by Edge Gateway
- Denied - transaction has been rejected by Edge Gateway due to policy failure
- Unauthenticated - transaction has been rejected by Edge Gateway usually due to invalid or expired access token
- Missed - transaction rejected by Edge Gateway, example: endpoint not exposed on Edge Gateway
- Mitigated - transaction rejected due to policy failure but policy returned recovery, example: authentication/authorization succeeded but MFA is required
If you want to get a more detailed chart for Microperimeter™ Edge Gateway click on Edge Gateway link in the menu on the left.
Transactions per API
This chart can be used to find out what endpoints are in use, how frequently they are utilized.
This table contains alerts from Edge Gateway which occurred within last 5 minutes (this is configurable via View options bar).
- Date - date of the alert
- Summary - human-readable description of the alert
- Source - IP address of a client which made a call
- Destination - the name of the service where alert endpoint belongs to or endpoint path if no service has this path
- API - HTTP method with endpoint path
By default five alerts are displayed, click Alerts link in the menu on left to preview all of them.
You can use Search bar and pagination to find for specific alerts you are interested in.